Monday, July 8, 2013

Just attended 2 weddings in Singapore the past 2 weeks. Good food, fun atmosphere - and they didn't serve any of the "cake" on the stage. (I'm not even sure they "cut" the cake). I guess Chinese in Singapore are less bothered by lack of cake as long there'

Anonymous asked:?Just attended 2 weddings in Singapore the past 2 weeks. Good food, fun atmosphere - and they didn't serve any of the "cake" on the stage. (I'm not even sure they "cut" the cake). I guess Chinese in Singapore are less bothered by lack of cake as long there's food and lots of liquor.


Answer:

During my brother?s wedding, since I was close family, I finally got the right (LOL) to go up to the stage and poke the cake. Pok pok pok. Styrofoam. Sigh.

It?s just a decorative item, like those fake greek columns they sometimes have.

Yeah, I think it?s just different cultural priorities. They have to save the money in some areas, and five tier cakes don?t come cheap.

(Says a lot about my priorities that I don?t mind going in a cheap dress if I get the cake XD)

Source: http://johanirae.tumblr.com/post/54904044915

Garrett Reid shawn johnson Tony Sly Lauren Perdue tagged Heptathlon London 2012 shot put

No comments:

Post a Comment